Sunday, October 25, 2015

Siquijor TravelSeries : Lugnason Falls

       

Lugnason Falls was the first stop of our journey in exploring the majestic island of Siquijor.  Situated about a few kilometers from San Juan  highway, getting there was challenging. 


After a about 15 minutes in a tricycle, we were greeted by locals who accompanied us to the waterfall. We had to walk a steep, rocky walkway down to the falls. The local who acts a lifeguard would assist you. In order for you  to get to the waterfall basin, you got to walk down in a man-made steps to enjoy the cool water. 


I have a thing with waterfalls; it's like a drug to me.  Its roaring sound is like music to my ears, the water mist that greets me makes me happy. The waterfall is made up of limestone  to which I learned that it  is multi-tiered and is newly-opened for public. 



The steep and rocky uphill walk was challenging.  There were no guard rails but locals can guide you on your way down to the waterfall. 


To know more about Lugnason Falls and its full itinerary, please see Siquijor : The Mystical Island for more details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment