Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Siquijor TravelSeries : Kagusuan Beach



I love beaches, there's no denying. Siquijor is known for white sand beaches and I wouldn't pass the opportunity to explore this wonderful place.





Getting to Kagusuan Beach is a bit tricky; no signages from the main road and uncleard path (it seemed like we had to pass a little forest like the ones you see on Alice in Wonderland).  I swear you'd get lost if you'd be travelling at night. You have to climb down a narrow concrete pathway before getting to the beach. Good thing our guide is excellent at his job. 





Layers of aquamarine, blue and turquoise colors will greet you.  Kagusuan Beach is a deserted beach, unlike Salagdoong Beach where most tourists flock. It seemed like the local government must have forgotten to develop this (which I think is OK to be able to preserve this as it is). 




Big boulders of rock can be seen along the long stretch of white sand. I thought, at that time, we were the only people enjoying this awesome beach until I saw a group of foreign tourists (about 5 people) sun-bathing. 




The white sand beach was exceptional. The water was clear  though there were traces of sea weeds washed ashore but it wasn't as gross as you'd think.  I love how the layered colors of blue glowing under the sun, it was just pleasing to the eyes. 




Moments disguised as forever. 



I would definitely go back to Kagusuan Beach. 

Who wouldn't want this kind of paradise? 



This was my view, lying on my back lazily under the shade of the massive rock boulders. 


To know how to get to Kagusuan Beach and the full itinerary of this beautiful island, see Siquijor, The Mystical Island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment