Sunday, March 4, 2012

Being a daredevil for a while...

Everybody has this urge of wanting to experience extreme and not-so-normal adventure ^^.  That feeling of wanting to cheat life and being able to feel the strong wind against your face. Something that you could say "what if this thing broke?, what if I'd fall?, will I get lucky?". 

I am one of those who pretended to be a daredevil (well, at least I tried the minor safe ones). I've tried Skywalking and being in an Edge-Coaster on top of the tallest hotel in the city. And it was like --- I want more! ^^

Next was trying the Doce-Pares Mountain Training Park at Busay-Malubog Cebu. It has been a long-time dream of trying this adventure of being suspended on air with pulleys and cables for as high as several feet below the ground. The best part here was when you were all set, helmet and harness on, and then the guide would push you hard -- the thrilling ride starts. There has been a rise of your inner spirit at first and a few screams in between but once your cable advances and with the view below, you could say "wow! amazing!

Yeah I know, I know, that's me enjoying the view!
A fellow daredevil-like below me (oh yes, bangin yan!)
Trying so hard to smile for the camera, it's damn difficult! It felt like the ground is sucking you in.
Magnificent view of the nearby mountains.
Cameras are not encouraged, but what the heck! Not everyday I'm ziplining.





At 4:00pm, it was hot but once you're on top and with this view, it doesn't matter.
Safety First : a guide putting all your harness and helmet in place.
Two riders could do the zipline at once. Of course my friend and I brought camera along to document our adventure.



Wirewalking is also one of the must-try. Pay P20 and you can try being on a circus (of course with a safety harness).

How to get there/features : 
  • tourists may start at JY Square Mall (15-minute drive to the top), Doce Pares offers shuttle service too for about P300 good for 10 persons (roundtrip)
  •  or try Habal-habal (motorcycles)
  •  Entrance fee :  P20
  • Snack bar is present so you wouldn't her hungry for the rest of the afternoon. Lunch is also served here but of limited food like grilled chicken/pork and some delicious cuisine.
  •  Zipline ride fee : P100 (this was about a year ago, not sure if this has changed) for 400-meter rides (two-rounds)
    •  The park opens at : Mondays-Thursdays (10:00 am to 8:00 pm)
      Fridays (10:00 am to 10:00 pm)
      Saturdays-Sundays (8:00 am to 10:00 pm)



So go ahead, don't be afraid to try one. Though there are times that you might experience some "technical problems" like being stuck-up in the air (like I did, the pulley seemed to stuck up at some point) but I was'nt scared since they have experienced staff who would help and try to untangle you though. Again, for the name of adventure, it was all worth it. ^^  I'm thinking of trying Bohol's pride -- E.A.T. Danao --- scared? Nah!!! ^^




8 comments:

  1. 400 meters! wow! I have never had the experience. I think it would be a rush. I enjoyed your pictures, and your report! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Rams, laag nya didto. safe for kids by trying the 140meter. nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dili hadlok? hehehe..talawan baja ko ingana..

    ReplyDelete
  4. scary at first but once you're in it, nice and feeling! mao nay giingon rams nga "conquer your fear"! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. bakit di natin to ginawa dati? bongga naman!!!

    ReplyDelete