Wednesday, March 28, 2012

and oh, of course, there's chocolate!

Oh I love chocolates! Those dark little cubes my mouth loves to relish. Those big bars that I cannot resist on having.Those coffee toppings I love sipping on. Those little crunchy cookies I love munching on in-between analysis and planning; those times when it seemed the world is against you; when experiencing the down side of life; those weaker moments, those days when the most pressing thing you have to do is nothing; those happy moments with family,loved-ones, friends and thyself --- chocolates seems to be one of my wonderful companion (oh well, next from coffee and ice cream).

Chocolates are mainly made from a seed  of tropical Theobromo cacao tree (so, I've heard). They are mainly fermented, dried, cleaned, roasted, then ground, then liquefied and experts knows what else are needed to be done;  I could care less how it was made, I am more interested on tasting them. Chocolates commonly comes in dark, milk and white varieties. Some are being used as cake toppings or on coffee. Usually branded as mood-enhancer or food for the goddess, I think chocolates have been one of my sources of simple happiness, and I am sure many girls would agree with me.

See how creative Japanese people are? Design :cookie-chocolate-cookie.
Just love these!

Who says Korean chocolates aren't this good?
When you're working  in a Japanese manufacturing firm with lots of Japanese people giving you chocolates, likely, your drawer would look like this.^^
Chocolate on cakes, anyone?
Colorful packaging, the better ^^ 
Stacking chocolates for a photo-shoot
Such a show-off!
"photo shoot"  with our miniature car.
Mouth-watering, isn't it?
White chocolate-flavored cookies.
Swiss chocolates
I could go on eating this without anything else!
One of my guilty pleasures ^^
Chocolate and cream toppings on my usual Starbucks drink.
and oh those little chocolate thin chunks on top of cakes... 

I can't help it but share this photo I've taken.
and another one...
and another one...
oh yes, during the photo shoot
yeah, I know, I know, such a spoiler, sorry ^^
Thank you Roda Satore for taking this picture ^^
of cars and chocolates...
Swiss chocolates from my friend, kinda bitter-sweet but naturally good.
Of tin boxes...
I don't know what its called, probably "chocolate pebbles" or something.
Thank you Keeh Jhay for these.
OK, so this is definitely not a chocolate, but I was tricked to eat this by one of our Japanese consultants; the verdict : I don't like it ^^  sorry (tasted something like wasabi-thing) 


Life is sometimes hard, I get that. With series of unfortunate events and sometimes with no comfort from anyone, I would tend to look for a way to lift myself up -- may it be drinking, pig-out session alone or writing anything on my journal -- I find little pleasure with chocolates and I am thankful God for providing it.



5 comments:

  1. have you tasted tiramisu choclates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope, haven't! ang dami pang unexplored kaya! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey that's me!!! "headcap"
    so so miss this chocolate events with you.
    naa daghan chocolate direa pero way ayo, kay walay ka kompitinsya.

    I'm greatful to be part of your maplesan choco adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Roda-san! I miss you too!
    When you come back, let's do this again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool pics! chocolates are indeed a relevant part of our maple days. hahaha... the excitement we got for every visitor! there are lots of chocolates here, even cheaper, yet it certainly doesnt give the same thrill without choco-friends like u guys :)).... mingaw na ko sa atong mga bahin-bahin moments. ug sa mga set-aside move ni "tapad".. :)

    ReplyDelete