Saturday, March 1, 2014

Cafe Noriter : A Playground

Saturday afternoon. I stumble upon this cafe called Cafe Noriter, a korean-owned cafe located at One Acacia Unit 10 and 11, Archbishop Reyes Ave Cebu City,  just a walking distance from Ayala Center Cebu. Since the name appeared foreign to me, of course searching it on the internet is tempting ---- and it means "playground" in Hangul. When my coffee buddy, Jocelyn and I came in, the name itself explained it well for me. 


There were post-its on the walls and even on the ceilings, plush toys everywhere, shoes on the floor and pictures everywhere. A playground, it is. I remember another Korean cafe called Sunday 2PM Cafe at Sarrosa Hotel, the ambiance was like this, only this is a bit bigger and not so quiet. I was thinking, since these are all Korean-owned, how come I wasn't able to get into this kind of setting when I was in South Korea? 



With freebies and discounts 


We got ourselves a mug of hot  and cold latte. It was as good as the price itself, worth it. On the counter, they were giving away some cards; like when you gather about 10 stamps from ordering drinks, you got yourself some discounts on your next drink or the staff could take a photo of you, print and hang it somewhere within the premises. Quite inviting isn't it? 








I must admit that I'm pretty impressed by the presentation of  our drinks 


The place's pretty popular, especially among teens. We got ourselves a space, a wooden loft-like area with small low table and throw pillows. On weekends, my coffee-buddy Jocelyn said reservations are being done  since the place is always full. The interior design gives me an impressing idea of maximizing the space and that the guests can have their bigger space compared to a regular coffee-table setting. I like the idea of having a staff taking pictures of  the guests and upload it to their official Facebook site. Some cafes are in it too and it just adds excitement to the idea of you being featured in their site (which makes me wonder, maybe my photo at Sunday 2PM was being uploaded in their site too). 







Bunk-like space and wooden loft design of the cafe made it somewhat different from the usual tambayan.

The staff took a picture of us and I took one for him in return; on a table next to ours, I was able to let the girls smile at my camera, looks like they are having a good time. 


With my coffee-buddy Jocelyn, always in search for the perfect cup


With a thousand post-its on the walls and ceilings and some plush toys around, it felt like a playground indeed (though it looked messy, playgrounds are supposed to be messy,  right?) .This place gave me a different meaning of relaxation and having a good time with your friends and love ones.  I even saw kids having a good time with mom; kids occupy themselves with drawing, writing, playing around the cafe. With a free wifi, you could still enjoy yourself even if you're alone. Books and magazines are on the counters too, anything to enjoy your moment with your coffee. So my overall rate about this place? I'd give it a 10-stars!  





No comments:

Post a Comment