Friday, June 14, 2013

Beach Life - Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort and Spa

Life is a beach --- or so I've heard.  People from a tropical  country loves the beach, who doesn't? Those  ocean-filled air sweeping your hair, having sunkissed skin  from those sun-bathing hours, those beach water  hugging  your body,  those white sands dancing under your  feet --- yes, the beach!
Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort and Spa

I am  lucky enough to have situated in a beautiful island in the Philippines. I spent my childhood in a small island called Bohol in the center of the country. Beaches there are superb.  Currently, my work requires me to  stay in Cebu, the nearby island of Bohol, particularly in Mactan Island. The island  has a lot of  beaches, I mean world-class resorts. I  have  been to some of those  but this particular  resort  is so far my favorite. Because of my work, I am privileged to have an annual vacation here, shall I say one of the perks of working in a Japanese manufacturing firm for almost six years. 


This resort is located at Buyong, Maribago Lapulapu City, maybe about 10 to 15 minutes from Mactan International Airport and about 30 minutes to an hour from Cebu City. I wanted to share this wonderful resort to make it as one of your options when staying in Cebu, its a bit expensive, yes, but it's worth it.


ACCOMMODATIONS 

Its accommodation ranges from Premier Deluxe, Royal Bungalow, Amuma Spa Suites and Deluxe Rooms. I was lucky enough to have tried the Deluxe Room (Beach Wing) and the ever lovely Premier  Deluxe Room before it was opened  to the public. 
Royal Bungalow near the pool area 
Deluxe Rooms (Beach Wing)    

Amuma Spa Suites 

Amuma Spa Suites, mixing native and contemporary designs
              
Premier Deluxe Room near the beach front
This my friends, is the Premier Deluxe. I swear this is my dream room.
Double-bed on Premier Deluxe Room: you will admire the hanging beds. 
The tub, my friends, is very tempting.
Lovely landscape in between Premier Deluxe Rooms
Deluxe Rooms are located near the beach front (Beach Wing) and some are near the garden (Garden Wing), with the pools near the left entrance area. I remember coming there on Friday after work. Night swimming on the pools are relaxing, I don't mind the cold water though; maybe because I was awed by  the place the first time I came there. I enjoyed it very much. 

POOLS AND SPA


This pool is ideal for children and a good area for any pre-nup or wedding shoot. 
Jacuzzi area near the Amuma Spa (there were I think about 5 jacuzzis I've seen around the resort) 
I love this area; I could only think of words like serenity, calmness, one with nature, stillness, happiness. Colored fishes added the whole calming-effect on this place.
Travel a little.  Meditate more. Think of God all the time.
Amuma Spa area
Amuma Spa, its my turn :) 
Massage area near the beach front
Sauna area (excuse the human pictured here)
This was the main pool area  near the Alegro Restaurant. The last time I was here, this area was closed for renovation and damn, the place is so much better now. 
Having a moment with one of the pools at Amuma Spa area with Amuma Spa Suites  at the background.

DINING 
Alegro Restaurant 

Buffets are also served near the beach front. This was I think the Theme Buffet served every week.
The Cove Restaurant on the beach front 
Loving this chandelier made of shells at The Cove Restaurant
The Oyster Bar at the Beach Front
Molto Italiano
Oyster Bar at the Cove Restaurant
Of course, resorts won't exist without the dining experience. Bluewater has The Alegro Restaurant, located near the main pool area. This offers al fresco dining for Filipino and Asian cuisines. This also serves breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet for guests. The Cove Restaurant at the beach front meanwhile serves a variety of fresh seafood. Aquariums with live sea creatures are ready for your choice. But this is only open for lunch and dinner. What I love about this place is that you can enjoy the vast ocean, the nearby sandbar, the cool ocean air filling your lungs --- just perfect.  Molto Italiano near the reception area on the way to the beach front, offers italian pasta, sandwiches, salads and pizza. If you want to feel like an Italian or something European, this is the one for you. Amuma Spa Cafe near the pool area can give you refreshments like juices, iced-tea, milkshakes, sandwiches and light meals. Since this is situated at the Amuma Spa, this is an ideal place to chill and hang-out after a quick dip from the pool,taking your time at the  spa, yoga and hanging out in jacuzzi.  Oyster Bar near  the The Cove Restaurant is a cool place to just hang-out too, enjoying the ocean air with a few drinks at the bar, alcoholic drinks or anything you feel like drinking. Fresh oysters are served here too. I love to stay here and unwind. Such a paradise.

BEACH 

Who would resist this?
Sand bar across the resort; you can actually cross this during low tide
Getting a better view of the resorts next to Bluewater
My travelling feet enjoying the sand bar view 
Guests like to just feel the sand and water in their feet; letting the sun kissing their skin is  their favorite past time.
This is a place where you could wish time would stop and the most pressing thing to do was nothing  but feeling the moment you're in a paradise.
Various water-related activities like diving, jet-skiing,parasailing, snorkeling and others can be done here.
I am thanking God for the opportunity of enjoying this. 


There are a lot of new resorts popping out of nowhere in Mactan. But so far this resort gave me the most calming, serene-feeling, where you could think a lot -- about life and things that are happening with you but at the same time, not stressing myself. It is true that solitude matters for some people; for some, it's the air they breathe. In my case, this place really ripped my stressful life at work and gave me a few breaks to regain energy, calms my boiling within and gives me time to reconnect with nature and my inner self.

Again, I am thankful for everything. Life is beautiful, whether in chaos or not. Heaven always find ways to let you happy. I know happiness is temporary but I know great joy is living within us. If we just know how to let it out, yes, by reconnecting with nature, being still and try to hear the voice within. You can do that in a quiet place like this. Don't forget to bring a book, a Bible is better, trust me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment