Wednesday, July 25, 2012

When all else fails...



We all know darn well that life is not fair. Life is not always a happy song. Life has random happiness. Life has struggles. Life has issues. But, as always, beautiful. 

Even the bible says, on Ecclesiastes 9:11 ,"I also saw other things in this life that were not fair. The fastest runner does not always win the race; the strongest soldier does not always win the battle; wise people don’t always get the food; smart people don’t always get the wealth; educated people don’t always get the praise they deserve. When the time comes, bad things can happen to anyone!" Indeed, has its own story to tell. 

I am somehow, thankful, that most of the time, I don't exactly have everything; my parents sometimes cannot provide me everything I want and dream of having; that I am not too pretty to be elected most beautiful in class; a gifted child every parents want for their children; and the perfect little friend people hoped for. 


When I was younger, I wasn't able to experience trying different toys a child could have; I and my brothers would simply enjoy with what our parents gave us and we would sometimes create our own toys to satisfy our urges to play with things. Growing up, I was able to felt being bullied and at the same time bullying others. I just had a recent coffee-drinking with my old friend and as we looked back on our grade school days, we couldn't help it but laugh because things were so simple back then : (1) obey your parents (2) gather as much medals/rewards/recognition as many as you can (3) eat and sleep on time (4) play as hard as you can (5) enjoy the day as it happened. 

And oh yes, my younger life was as exciting as opening presents on your birthday. I found joy, I experienced being silly, my ultimate shyness around handsome  boys made me a little uncomfortable, I laughed, I cried, I was hurt then happy again. Some people paid much attention to that love thing --- but I was too busy blending with the rest of the crowd, being visible in the pack, earn as much friends as possible and enjoying much attention.     

But I realized everything is a bit different when you get older (smiles). I'd say things have been into extremes. We have our different life stories but I think we are feeling the same level of pain, disappointments, regrets and all those negativity.  I believe we were created to be plain and simple, but somehow, people tend to complicate things. I know I have a heart because I feel it breaking, I would once say. When problems and uncertainties tend to pile up, people opt to pray, seek help and comfort, some would do anything to let it pass. Pain, you just have to ride it out, hope it goes away on its own, hope the wound that caused it heals. There are no solutions, no easy answers, you just breathe deep and wait for it to subside. Most of the time pain can be managed but sometimes the pain gets you where you least expect it; hits way below the belt and doesn't let you up. Pain, you just have to fight through, because the truth is you can't outrun it and life always makes more.

People, yes, people hurt people; there's no denying. But in a way, people can make you happy too. Each of us have hurt other people intentionally or not. Humans interact with humans. Same flesh, same feathers but different souls. Life is a bit funny sometimes; some hurt were created by people around us but at the same time, people are the also the ones who can make you happy. 

As I hear the rain drops on my rooftop; as I feel the cold wind kissing my skin; I realized, like most of the people, that life has to go on. Life may be complicated, it was designed like that. We may be experiencing some uncomfortable episodes, all we need is to take a moment; breathe deep and sort things out. But when all else fails.... PRAY! ^^ 






2 comments:

  1. sky, you know i had a conversation with Marvin about life is not fair and you know what? he beg to disagree with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhhmmm well, that is his opinion, it's a free country. But whatever makes you happy, then go with it. If you'd be broken-hearted by your decision, people can move on one of our defense-mechanism. At least you tried to know what's out there....

    ReplyDelete