Friday, January 31, 2014

... of rainy days and cup noodles

Oh I miss you Mr. Sun, please come back! 

I haven't seen the sun for days now. The temperature dropped from the usual 32°C to as low as 22°C.  I enjoyed my morning hike; loving the cool breeze kissing my cheeks. With raindrops dripping on our rooftop, almost every night, sleep had  been a comfortable one. The weather makes me hard to get up in the morning. Drowsiness has been my constant visitor at midday.  And I wanted to hit the sack earlier than the usual schedule at night. 





It rains almost every night, making the coldness even colder. The raindrops dripping like a baby singing little songs to sleep. A tropical storm, Agaton adds to the scene, makes my whole week grayish. Those nights when I had to bring work at home, coffee is my best companion. Waking up in the middle of the night which usually makes me end up writing, eating cup noodles happens to be my usual scene. Cool northeastern winds causes this coldness since December. This winter monsoon coming from Siberia, Mongolia and Northern China causes my colder nights. 

... but I miss the Sun. 




Studies say that any amount of sun rays can "brighten up" one's day. You tend to perk up when you wake up in the morning upon seeing a bright sunlit view outside. It motivates you to get up, begin the next minute to prepare yourself to what lies ahead. Seeing the blue skies, cottony clouds,  pre-mature burning heat of the sun in the morning - life goes on according to God's plan. Waking up on a cloudy or rainy day, only one thing I have in mind, stay more minutes before getting up. 





And so here I am, writing, checking my Facebook and Instagram newsfeed. I can't sleep. Insomnia  creeping in,  I  am hungry. Spicy Shin Ramyun  and some chocolate sticks soothes my hunger. And oh, my phone's ringing. Mark's ready to sleep. We've been like this for almost four years, in a not-so-long-distance-relationship world, communication is essential for us. Sleeping together with headsets on, until the phone stops by itself. I don't know if there are some people like us. Maybe. Maybe none. But this is how we spent time together even miles away. Gotta sleep, I'm hearing him breathing against the other line, now. It's raining  still  and now I feel kinda sleepy. I am hoping to see the Sun ho tomorrow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment