Thursday, January 10, 2013

Best Bible Lovestory

 Movie Review : One Night With the King

Okay, so this is so far the best love story I've ever seen. Hopeless romantic, yes I am, I have been drawn to love stories in books, movies and stories of people around me. I too have my own love stories but this movie has something that drawn me to it; maybe the casts, the settings, fine clothing, cinematography -- oh, yes, her bravery and enthusiasm. 

I have seen this movie for a couple of times but like the dog-movie, Hachiko (one of my favorite movie too), it still gives me chills and a lump on my throat every time I hear her say, "This is my most valuable possession in the world. It is my past, my present and my future. And all of it is yours." Awww! 

And so I found something on youtube and thought why not share and write something about it here. I've heard Esther's story in the Old Testament before but really paid not much attention to it until I saw this movie. I've learned once again that love is not about what you could have in return but what you could give for love. Love is not just all about romances and all those sweet-nothings everyone experienced but true love means  willing to give his/her own life for someone, in this case, the whole race to be saved. Hadassah which became Esther was such a fine, young lady.  No one knows about her past but in the bible she was known be an orphaned and taken cared of by his old Uncle. Oh, such a long story but I suggest you to watch this movie.  You may click the link below for a trailer. 







( Youtube credits : JaimeR90 thank you for this buddy! )




These are one of my favorite lines of the movie, which makes me smile every time I remember it. :)
.
King Xerxes: [earnestly] Suppose, my lady. A man offered you a more treasured gift. Say a kingdom.
Queen Esther: [near tears] The only gift I would accept is your heart.
King Xerxes: [taking her hands] Than it is yours. And you didn't have to serve 7 years to get it. Tell me, Esther of Susa. Who are you really? Tell me of your people. Teach me of your ways.
Queen Esther: My father told me it takes the glory of God to conceal a matter. And it takes the honor of Kings to search it out.
King Xerxes: Than marry me and we shall spend an eternity discovering this 'truth'... together.

2 comments:

  1. a love story. hmmm. stories like this makes me cry. i wonder if my crying is all about the movie or something else.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, haven't seen it yet but i just ask someone to upload the movie for me don't know if its done or not.

    ReplyDelete