Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sky and Starbucks et al : Bigger than Coffee

Coffee... 
I have to admit I am a bit addicted to it. With my work where sometimes coffee is needed especially during those times when boredom, stress or sleepiness visits me, a cup of coffee just come in handy, may it be an instant 3-in-1 coffee, brewed,expensive or not. ^^ 

Aside from being an anti-oxidant, coffee just brings in the calmness I need and somehow it became my usual companion when I need one

I like it better with cream in it. Though when I was in college, having a mug of black one made me awake the whole night when a week of exam is on, now it seemed my cravings would usually involves something creamy. 

Surprisingly, my love for coffee has evolved -- various brands, flavors, cafe ambiance etc. Honestly when I was young and living in a remote place away from the chaotic but exciting city,  I've only known coffee as pure black, with coffeemate, milk, chocolate and simply coffee with sugar. Damn, I didn't know things like frap,espresso or latte or whatever you call it. Now, it seemed I have this urge to try 'em all! ^^ I started with Starbucks coffee. The brand, of course I know would costs more than my taxi fare, but still my adventurous urge wants to. ^^ I've tried their coffee from espresso, latte, tea, hot chocolates -- and guess what? -- I love it!!! Since then, I am beginning to look for other kinds or brands of coffee.

Starbuck's cold Green Tea Latte
                                   

Starbuck's Frappuccino
                                 
Brewpoint's cold Cappuccino
                                       
Coffee Dream's hot Cappuccino
                           
A bitter-sweet coffee from a local coffee shop in Tagbilaran (forgot the name)
            
Native hot chocolate (SIKWATE from cacao plant) from Bohol Bee Farm, goes well with native rice cakes
Bo's hot latte

Krispy Kreme's (which of course goes well with their doughnuts)
Oh yeah, Seattle's Best



 Montana from Costa Rica vs. Starbucks Dark Espresso

Korean 3-in-1s

of course, the ever accessible coffee from a vending machine ^^


During my drinking escapades, I've learned something valuable in it. I discover that having a coffee is not just chilling, having a break or easing sleepiness or accompanying you when thinking of your what-is-my-next-strategy-now or this-is-what-I'd-do mode, but having a coffee with friends or loved-ones makes the moment more happier. Whether discussing the chaotic incident at work, problems with impossible people, discussing life's issues or heart-matters or even discussing business proposals --- everything is quite relaxing with coffee. You realized it too? ^^.

3 comments:

  1. i miss having coffee with! it's the experience of having a coffee!!! :D miss yah madam! no more cries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i miss you too Keeh Jhay, i'll see you soon! ^^ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. green tea frap ang caramel macchiato (im not sure with the spelling)... miss yah!!!

    ReplyDelete